Its been eons that women have been experimenting in the kitchen, hence hunting for an answer to estimate the efforts of the ruling party at home. The trial was successfull somehow, thus, though my posts in this blog is to direct one’s thoughts towards social-wellness, thought this very post would help masculine part of society to make a simple attempt to create their own Homemade Dessert.
Here’s one that I found interesting through one of ‘our’ experiments.
I. Required Ingredients:
- Sugarless Condensed Milk: 250 Ml (If you don’t get sugarless condensed milk, you may try to prepare it at home – you need to have more time and patience.
- Fat Free, High Protein Paneer: 3 Packs
- Milk Powder: 300 Gms
- Coconut Powder: 50 Gms
- Desiccated Coconut
- Paan Extract/ Betel Leaves (4-5)
- Sweetened Fennels
- Used for garnishing: Rock Sugar – Just a few pieces, Dry Fruits, Saffron etc
- Rose Essence (or anything you like to have)
- Sugar free
- Grated Beet root
- Ghee – Don’t use more than 2 table spoons in total
- A dash of Salt
- Kova (optional)
II. To prepare the main peda base:
- Crumble the cottage cheese (paneer) cubes, and keep it aside.
- In a non-stick pan, add quarter spoon of Ghee (optional) and add the crumbled paneer.
- Saute until the crumbled paneer turns a little moist.
- At that point, add the sugarless condensed milk (250 Ml) to it and keep stirring until it merges well with paneer to form a thick consistency.
- Add a dash of salt in the mixture while stirring.
- In case if it doesn’t a ‘thick’ base , add milk powder little by little (not the whole at once) until it forms thick.
- You may also add cocunut powder (gives nice flavor).
- Add sugar free at the end (as required) along with few drops of Rose essence.
- You may add sugar less, fat free kova (optional).
- Transfer that paste to a plate and let it cool.
- Separate one-fourth of this base, flatten it to let it cool faster.
III. To prepare the paan flavored stuffing:
- In the same non-stick pan, add 3-4 table spoons of grated beetroot and saute it with one quarter spoon of Ghee.
- When it is semi-cooked, add the separated base with beetroot and saute until it turns red.
- Add a few drops of betel leaves’ juice (or paan extract preferably). Saute until it forms a firm base.
- You may add sugar free in case you sweeten it more.
IV. Final touch:
- Make small balls of the red base and the white base (smaller red and larger white)
- Form a cuplet structure with the white peda balls.
- Try to stuff the paan flavored balls into the peda white balls and cover the white peda as one in a stuffed paratha.
- Roll them once well on your palm to give a neat finishing.
- Garnish them with sweet fennels, saffron, dry fruits (whatever you may want to)
- Try to garnish them with things used in a sweet paan.
- Roll the garnished peda on dry desiccated coconut.
If you are a calorie freak, do not add any artificial colors, sugar, oil, lots of ghee.
PS: The picture used in this post is not is taken from web, I do not own it. Actually I couldn’t take snapshots of what we prepared, but looks similar to the one posted here 😛