Message:WEST :: Riddle:EAST (Analogy)
A mail that contains the sweetest goodbye, which never says that we depart today instead that bunches the hearts intact. An intention of never letting distance and separation impact the alliance amongst people the word BYE was never used. But, who knew that this inaccuracy would cost an imbecile reciprocation from one of the groups I’ve emailed separately 😀
After ≈3+1 years of exciting stint with ABC Company, it is as unfortunate as it is fortunate for me to say that it’s time to move on. The Day-after-Tomorrow is my last working day @ABC and may not be available in my regular hours that day, hence taking this opportunity to shoot this email today itself 🙂
Four years, so many Colleagues, so many Q&As, so many R&Ds, so many Thoughts, so many Meets, so many Instants, so many Reports, so many Lines of Code AND just this one e-Mail to summarize and confine it into few phrases. I apologize for the long e-Mail, I’m taking an exemption to not to be brief this time (I guess) 🙂
Apparently, all these 4 years, I’ve had nightmares about Manufacturing, Analysis, Support, Development, Models, Items, Sales, Customers, Vendors etc. I may be getting rid of these terms now, but I may continue to have those nightmares with different set of terms like Banking, Finance Operations, Data Warehouse, Team Building, Analytics, Research & Development etc :). Whilst I look forward to get my hands dirty in my new role managing the Finance Operations function @ BFSI Org, I will miss working (along) with you all here.
Everyone tend to learn and I’m not an exception but as an individual I’m a far better person today, learning and acquiring. Working here was the best challenge till date and I always tried to deliver my best. Hence, I thought that instead of sending out the usual “It was great…” e-Mail, I’d like to share with you a few lessons that I’ve learned throughout my experience.
- We still have to spend on shoes even after having so many customers (Tags: Put, Yourself, Customers’, Shoes, Think :P).
- In my initial days here, I thought I would get ‘baked’, but I was wrong! I got ‘marinated’ first and then got ‘baked’.
- I still can’t believe you are reading this. 🙂
- Abandon BlackBerry – spares yourself from working extra-/ off-hours.
- People around are like diapers, they keep changing but what makes them change is always same.
- If you are still reading this, I can guess that there’s something you would want to share too. Am lucky enough now that I can. 🙂
- Pray God every day the Wisdom to Understand, Love to Forgive but not surely the Power; in case God grants it, you may end up breaking someone’s head. 🙂
- As am now out from here, you may grumble but do not forget to CC me.
- So finally you did finish reading, well ’I’ didn’t ‘Expect that!’. 🙂
I know, that was a gimcrack :). I was just kidding though… I apologize in any case of anguish – I was just trying to make you grin :). On a serious note, I’ve learnt these which were proven true, at least in my case :).
- Never seek ‘Blind Advices’. Always try to experiment and accept mistakes. A Botched Up deliverable on your own is far better than a quality deliverable done by Spoon Feeding (Tags: Learn, From, Mistakes).
- Proffer ‘them’ that ‘they’ can’t defy – which doesn’t necessarily mean “Do or Die”, but in “I Can Think Better Than You!” way. Try giving ‘them’ what ‘they’ really want, but not just what ‘they’ say ‘they’ want.
- Someone, at my first job, told me that – “Being like a frog in the well is too very awful for one’s self; Look out and explore how rest of the world is progressing, at least for Knowledge sake!”. We should try to become better every day, at least in some way or the other, by trying to think Out-Of-The-Box. Else, we will end up getting bored of what is being done ‘always’ or for ‘longer’ (I hope you know ‘SSDD’, ask me if you don’t :P).
- There is nothing wrong in saying “I Don’t Know!” than misguiding or providing misleading information. Of course, anyone would need guts to say that, which can be gained after investing some real efforts.
- A Zealous person can be trusted upon, but beware of a Jealous person.
- What we Sow is what we Row (and I think I’ve reaped a fortune of customer satisfaction through my support 🙂 ).
Thank you all for being awesome. I hope my support was up to your expectations so far. I’ve learnt many things from all of you. Everything reciprocates in this world, so I hope that you would have learnt something from me as well, something good (come on, at least something bad)? :). I was really happy working with you all, but now the commemorative feedback from few of you to my earlier notice were very prudent enough and did let me go euphoric. I might have been a little unmanageable to my managers at times, but I’m sure they understood my point of views out of every debate/ argument I may have had with them :). I’m greatly thankful to them for keeping a great deal of trust on me to manage the entire BI Environment for all these years. I want to thank each one of you, but the list goes really big if I start mentioning names here; hope you understand my state of obligation 🙂
As a human being I have to acknowledge that I might have made few mistakes, I never intentionally wanted to be brusque though. Well, nothing is perfect in this (materialistic) world, so please accept my sincere apology for any inquietude.
In this crazy technology world, we end up ‘working together’ and ‘depart’ at some point, by just knowing the name & without even knowing what the other person look like :). The comfort level of working together would be way much better (or at least, different) if we ‘meet’ or ‘see’ the other person, that’s human psychology. Hence, I took chance to change my signature style this time (Sorry, you have no other option than to see my face 🙂 ).
I wish you all success in the future, and am grateful for the opportunity to have worked with you. I will always be pleased to extend my help in any kind, if required. I hope that our paths will intersect again.
Good luck to y’all, Folks!!
I would be delighted to see your messages popping in my inbox 🙂 Please feel free to IM/ e-Mail me and/ or I’m open to stay connected thru LinkedIn.
IM/ e-Mail: me @ myemail . com
PS: Henceforth, please direct all work-related email(s) to ‘ABCD Distribution List’ or contact XYZ (XYZ @
Thanks& Best Regards,
I will post the responses in the comments section… 🙂 So, please do not miss to READ THE COMMENTS section 😀
PS: The picture(s) used in this post are taken from Web and I do not own them.